Monday, January 28, 2008

Back from California


Wow was this the wettest weekend or what! It rained near everyday and it was cold (26 degrees one day). I know that is not cold compared to some places but I live where it is not that cold and I felt it. All that said my parents passed the 40 year mark on Saturday. We went to dinner at a BBQ place that had pretty good food but lacked proper service. For example, my mom was having trouble using the flimsy napkins from the holder on the table and asked for another one like the one our silverware came wrapped in only to be told by a waitress (not ours) that the ones on the table were the only ones they had. You would think since we just spent over $100 for dinner that they could spare a napkin. Then as we were leaving we had to step over a homeless person who camped out by their front door. The same no napkin waitress was bruskly trying to get him to move. The picture above is of Justin & Erik at the restaurant.
Well this is another story to be added to the events of their wedding. My 5 year old brain remembers it being at the JP's house on a Friday night. The JP's wife was there in her housecoat waiting to eat dinner or something and their dog was behind the couch that me, my soon to be step-sister and cousins were sitting on terrified that it was going to eat us because it growled menacingly everytime we moved. Everytime it growled said housewife would yell at it to be quiet. Then my step-sister got mad because she couldn't go on the honeymoon. Of course many years later while on her own honeymoon she called them to say she now knew why. That was a very interesting time in my life. A lot happened in a short amount of time. I must write it all down to pass on to the next generations.
While at my mom's her neighbor called and asked if I wanted some glass to do stained glass with. He had been given tons by a friend who didn't want it anymore. Of course I said yes! Have you priced glass lately? Well lets just say that I have more glass then I could possible use in a year. It is all separated by color and everything. So expect more colorful glass items from me down the road. Now just to find which box my other supplies are in.
Okay this blog is dragging on. I will continue my rambling tomorrow.

No comments: