Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Let's Create!

I am so excited to be participating in a year long doll swap that originated on Violette's website (www.violettesfolkart.com). We will be each making a doll per month and mailing it out to one of the other participants. I will post pictures of the dolls I make and receive throughout the year. I have my first dolled planned out and is she ever cute. If she turns out the way I envision then I think she will become a workshop project.

I am also hosting a mixed media charm swap on the ArtUnraveled yahoo group. It is full already but again I will be posting pictures of the charms as they come in. For those of you who didn't get in on the swap and want a really cool piece of jewelry, there will be two up for auction at AU next year. I had enough people for two separate swaps so there will be two available. Barbara Matthiessen has graciously offered to help put at least one together for the auction. So all you who know her and her work know it will be totally awesome.

I am also putting together a Christmas Collage House for my class here next week. It is really cute. My dad built me a bunch of really neat wooden house niches. They are going to be the base for several classes I teach next year. Again, I will be posting pictures here and on my picture trail when they are complete.

Tonight it is a class beading a Christmas Tree pin. I have 5 or 6 students so far so it will be a nice lively class. Maybe I should bring cocoa and cookies or something. Just to get the holiday spirit happening.

Well happy creating to all of you.

1 comment:

Lila Rostenberg said...

Hello Stacia!

I'm stopping by to meet you again...I'm in the art doll swap with you! What fun!