Saturday, June 17, 2006

Promoted!!!!


My wonderful husband has been promoted to Master Sergeant!! We are very excited and proud of him. He has worked hard to get to this point.

I taught a workshop today in Mountainair, NM on ATC's. They have a flegling group of wonderful artists who are delving into ATC's and wanted a few pointers. They are a wonderful group of people who I think made great cards without my help, but were able to take some tips and hints away today to help them in their endeavor to create. Most of them I think are more digital or painters, so the collage elements were new to them. A few were saying how they didn't think they could do collage but I was able to convince them that it wasn't as hard as they thought. And they created some really neat backgrounds for their cards.

I also showed them some of my favorite "tools" I use to create my cards, now they want me to come back and bring the tools for them to play with one or two at a time. I may do that because it is only an hour drive from Albuquerque and our friends run a restaurant there so it always nice to see them.

I have my surgery next Friday. I was told by the new doctor that I don't have torn tendons, it is a sever case of trigger thumb. Which is good news because it will be a much shorter recovery time. I will still have to do some left handed art to commemorate the surgery.

No comments: