Monday, February 26, 2007

Where I live









Here are some of my favorite things here in Albuquerque.

Picture 1 - Our awesome monsoon clouds that cover our sky during the spring/summer months. This is at the Air Show on KAFB last July. Those are the Thunderbirds crossing the sky.

Picture 2 & 3 - Balloon Fiesta, this is just a couple of photos of many. It is the most amazing thing to stand amongst 100's of balloons as they inflate and lift off.

Picture 4 - Taken at the top of the Sandia Mtns looking toward Albuquerque. It is 12,000 feet up and absolutely gorgeous.

Picture 5 - One of the many petroglyphs at Petroglyph National Monument on the west side of Albuquerque.

Picture 6 - The Sandia Mountains taken from the backyard of our old house. It is now in the frontyard of our new house.

Picture 7 - This is our new house at the beginning of our big snow storm in January.

We have been here for 4 years and I love it. You could find something new to see and do everyday. And the restaurants, were do I start. I hope you all enjoy the little trip through where I live.

4 comments:

KaiBlue said...

THANKYOU!!!!!!! I got your lovely dolly today and she has a pride of place in my studio..shes so unique and I love her,
Big hugs!!!!!!
PEace, Kai.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Stacia, that doll you made Kai is outstanding!!!

I also enjoyed the pics of your area. I really want to take a trip to New Mexico sometime soon...especially Taos.

Congrats on teaching at AU - that is SO fantastic! I need to go through all your art here and really see all the things you create. BADDD me for not coming here more often.
XO

gma said...

Hi Stacia...I love the doll you made Kai....awesome. Also I'm fortunate to be the one to make your doll for the month of March.
:-)I have family that lives in Alberqueque...sometimes when there we go to a little artist community called Madrid (on the road to Santa Fe) Love it!!!!

lizzzzzzzy said...

I loved the pictures of the doll and looking at your home "town". I was in Taos last summer and could not get enough of the beauty in. Lizzzzzzzzzzzzy from the dolly swap