Saturday, August 26, 2006

Celebrate the No's


Years ago I was a consultant for a party plan company. One of the incentive ideas that they had was what they called Celebrate the No's. The consultants were all challenged to get as many no's as they could when asking for bookings. Their theory was that you will only get so many no's before someone will say yes. Let me tell you party bookings were at an all time high in the months following that challenge.

This concept translates very well to everyday life. There are those of us who hold ourselves back because we are afraid of rejection. When what we should be doing is grasping those no's with both hands because the yes's are there waiting for their turn. The more no's you get the more yes's you will get, it is the law of averages.

I want to challenge all of you to see how many no's you can get. Great things are out there for us, we just need to jump in a Celebrate the No's.

2 comments:

gma said...

Hi...I ran across your blog while visiting Violette's message board.
I like your art and photos.
:-)

Stacia said...

Sylvia asked me to add this comment for her to my blog.

Hey Stacia, thanks for posting the 'no theory' for my bad memory.

LOL, we had a great lunch. Just think of all the stuff we could've bought at the vendor night instead of the food we had to pay for! But the company was worth it, as well as the pie!

Have fun making art.

xoxo
Sylvia Luna