Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holey Moley, it has been too long.

I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. Sadly that is how long it has been since I have done anything creative too. I am now on the path of sorting through all my art supplies and giving/selling what I don't need or can't put in storage because of the unnatural heat here in Phoenix. Why storage, you say. We are moving to Guam in March and I can't take it all with me. Plus I need to try an focus a little better on what I am doing. I am planning on starting up teaching classes again there on base and see where it leads. I also want to sell my stuff on etsy. Anything to not have to get a regular job. I want to be able to enjoy the island life while we are there and be able to be more involved with Erik's school. My only dilemma is if there is an adequate craft or bead store on the island or am I going to have to have it all shipped in. I am thinking the internet is going to be my best friend for three years. One good thing is that Guam is a US territory so it is the same as shipping within the mainland in most cases. Either way I will make it work.
I have also become a Facebook junkie and realize that I am going to have to cut back on that too. Limit myself to 3 or 4 hours a day instead of 10 or 12. Just kidding, that would be my husband logging that many hours.

I am going to be starting a fundraiser for Three Angels Children's Relief that will culminate in an Ebay auction. I have never done something like this before so I am flying blind and going on my instincts. Any suggestions would be great. I will post more details as I figure it out. Three Angel's is an Orphanage/School/Medical clinic in Haiti that my church supports and sends people on mission trips. Several people at Parkway have already or are in the process of adoption kids from there. It is an amazing place that really needs the financial help. I will share more details later on in the announcement blog for the fundraiser. It will be great.

Well so much has happened since the last post that I will just have to tell it all over time. I am planning on keeping more up to date on here, especially since we are moving. Hope all of you had a festive Thanksgiving. See you on here again soon.

1 comment:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

I haven't been blogging much either, but I think I'm going to get going again. It's impossible to "catch up," I think, so I'm just gonna go with the here-and-now. You're about to go on quite an adventure, so I think you'll have lots to blog about! Happy packing. ;-}