Friday, March 02, 2007

The Art Shoes





These shoes are a project my best friend and I worked on last summer while she was visiting. Jennie was going to wear them on her hikes through the Arkansas backwoods on her next leg of her vacation. I created the Dream shoe. Alas the shoes (and all of her other possessions) never made it from Albuquerque to Arkansas. They are forever lost in the black hole of Greyhound. We had a wonderful time painting these shoes and it has made me think that sometimes it is more the process then the product that is important. I will forever remember all the laughter we shared as we each created one of these awesome shoes. So I think the next time I create something I will take time to smell the roses as I create. Not rush through to get to the final product.

Anyway I hope you enjoy looking at these pictures as much as we enjoyed the process of making the Art Shoes

3 comments:

lizzzzzzzy said...

step right up into the world of walking by creativity! What a wonderful idea...thank you for sharing. Lizzzzzzzzzzzy from the dolly swap

Unknown said...

These are the bomb, i bet they were fun fun to do, you should do a mini tutorial
ANg

Carolyn said...

Hey stacia,
Love the shoes!
I am so proud of you! You are quite the successful artist and I am not surprised.
Miss you and always will.
take care.
Love ya,
Carolyn