Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New Adventure


Today was a great day for my creative spirit. I signed up to volunteer at a Day Treatment facility for teenagers with substance abuse problems to teach them art. So now every Monday I will get to share creative ideas with them. The director and therapists that I met with today were so excited about my projects I brought as examples that they were all wanting to be on duty on Mondays so they could join in. It was very good for my ego and my muse. I really think this is going to be a good union for all of us. I may tap into some of your creative idea's if I for some reason I run dry. There will be turn over of kids so I will be able to repeat some of the favorites and I will always have Mandalas available for them to color if they don't feel like doing the project. As you can tell I am very excited about the whole thing. I will keep you updated as to how it is progressing.


The photo is one that my oldest son, Justin took while his ship was deployed to Africa earlier this year. I think it is a beautiful sunset. At least I think it is a sunset, I guess I need to ask him.

No comments: